Against Racism

A scene also took place on a BA (British Airway) flight betweenJohannesburg and London. A white woman, about 50 years old, was seatednext to a black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the airHostess. "Madam, what is the matter?" the hostess asked. "Youobviously do not see it then?" She responded. "You placed me next to ablack man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnantgroup. Give me an alternative seat." "Be calm please," the hostessreplied. "Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go tosee if another place is available." The hostess went away and thencame back a few minutes later."Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in theeconomy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there isone seat in the business class. All the same, we also have one seat inthe first class." Before the woman could say anything, the hostesscontinued: "It is unusual for our company to permit someone from theeconomy class to sit in the first class. However, given thecircumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to makesomeone sit next to someone so disgusting."She then turned to the black guy, and said, "Therefore, sir, if youwould like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you infirst class."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.